Skip to content


October 21, 2010

I’ve hit that point where I’m trying to find the right balance between working on STS projects and getting stuff done around the house in preparation for the baby.  It’s not all baby-related projects but more a medley of projects that I’ve been setting aside for the last year (since my brain surgery) that haven’t been completed.

I’ve been sewing baby blankets, fixing ripped comforters (and recursing at my dogs for ripping them to begin with), completing projects for friends and their upcoming babies, sewing STS dresses, making hooded towels…I’m beat.

But this kind of cuteness makes it worthwhile!

Cloth Baby Shoes

I used a pattern downloaded from the Micheal Miller Fabrics website.  Overall, the pattern is great and I’ll be keeping it to use in the future (i.e. after this baby is born and I know what colors to make baby items in — we’re those crazy people that wait until delivery to find out if its a girl/boy).  The pattern is written in a way that is super simple to follow and the list of materials is short and simple too.  Sewing these itty bitty things takes a little bit of time and patience though.  They’re definitely not something that I could just whip right through.  Maybe with some practice the process would go much more quickly.  That being said, I was trying to sew them, manage rotating loads of laundry and oversee a toddler craft project all at the same time.  Surprisingly everything came together without too many mishaps and no need to pull out my seam ripper.

I chose not to line them with interfacing (I didn’t have any and was too lazy to load us into the car to drive across town) like the pattern states.  If I was using a less structured fabric, instead of corduroy, I might choose to line them so they have more stiffness in the fabric.  I also didn’t have any cute buttons on hand to put on the top so I skipped those too (once again, too lazy to load us into the car to drive across town).

Even with those changes I still think they turned out super cute!

The biggest drawback to this pattern is it’s only sized for 0-6 months but I think that could easily be remedied by increasing the pattern piece sizing on your copier/printer to get a bigger size.

One Comment leave one →
  1. Jessica permalink
    October 21, 2010 2:14 pm

    Those are super cute!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: